Sunday, March 18, 2007

Going has been slow

The dayjob has been pretty grueling lately, so I havn't been making a lot of progress. I did iron out building placement and rendering earlier this week. Since then, I've been chipping away at user camera navigation.

The trouble is that as tightly packed as the game's galaxy is (and its about as tightly packed as I can make it) it still contains a lot more nothing than something. There's really just no way that a standard RTS sort of camera will do. I'm working on the presumption that the most convenient way to move around will be by a goto sort of interface.

I've been putting together a sort of toggle that will let the camera pop up to a view of the entire galaxy and I figure that from there, a mouse click could take the camera down into a closer resolution from there. Will just have to see how it goes.

No comments: