Saturday, March 3, 2007

Resource Rendering MkI

First pass at resource location rendering. Ugly. It took me about 20 minutes to code up, including the time I spent drawing the icons (no suprise there). First time I've used a SpriteBatch. Very easy. Next is the menu for selecting a building type to build. Think Ill try doing that with a SpriteBatch too. The 90 is diagnostic text - I've got things set up so that when over a planet, the cursor has text indicating which grid index its pointing at. Cursor doesn't show in screenshots but the text does.

1 comment:

Dale said...

I'm going to try to patch the resource icons into the planetary model. Right around the resource itself, I'll flatten out the terrain. Then I should be able to render a small model of, like ingots or little crystals or whatever in the same manner as I render the building models.

I'll write a post on the planetary model system in general.